Natural, Cultural & Historic Sites of NJ

Honestly? These photos are for my own enjoyment as much as anything else. I’m now back at work in a location halfway around the world (Bangladesh) from where my Mom, brothers, most friends & family are. But these photos remind me of lovely summer jaunts with Mom and anyone else who’s around to join us. Mom’s facing some health concerns, which of course means that my own heart is tugged between the work I love so much here, and the people I love so much there. I will choose to take comfort in these photos and the fact that I’d far prefer to be tugged between things I love, than between things or people I don’t love, and/or who don’t love me :-). The photos’ names should all say what they are: visits to three lovely locations in northern NJ based on Mom’s expression of interest in exploring: a Stickley home and museum, a historic village along a canal with (at the time) revolutionary technology, and an arboretum.

9 responses

1. Mary Louise Jaffray

Lovely pictures once again. It really is a joy.

November 2, 2018 at 21:14

• Thanks, Mary Louise: really lovely to hear that you enjoy my efforts :-). Lots of love.

November 2, 2018 at 23:34

2. Hi Paul, thanks so much for sharing these. It was quite a fun trip, and even though it was only a few months ago I’m intrigued at how incredibly lush the green is. Now in November, of course, things are looking rather different, at least in western Pennsylvania.

November 3, 2018 at 04:05

3. Maria

These are especially welcome since I missed the whole summer and fall of visiting in Ridgewood. It was evidentlya lovely, sunny day or two… butI can’t recall many pics of ugly, brooding and rainy days in your blogs!

November 3, 2018 at 04:38

• Thanks, Maria — check out some of the NZ photos where it’s often impossible to avoid ugly brooding days. And there’s a photo of lightning streaking through the sky in NM at Heather’s wedding…but true, I gravitate photographically to that what I enjoy looking at 🙂

November 3, 2018 at 17:20

4. Bill McCuskey

Great px, Paul, family included! Often think your camera “sometimes” defines you. 🙂

November 3, 2018 at 06:17

• That’s very kind, Bill – thanks :-). On days when I feel motivated to photograph, I do somehow feel more engaged. Interesting thought…

November 3, 2018 at 17:21

5. Cassandra Lista

Lovely pictures! I can understand how viewing them would be therapeutic.

November 3, 2018 at 19:35