Beachfront Birthday

I know of no better way to celebrate completing a cycle around the sun (aka one’s birthday) than to spend the day(s) surrounded by friends, in places one likes, doing things one likes. Some of my very best friends in the world let me do just exactly that along with their extended family for a full three-generational weekend of awesomeness that included seeing Sea Otters & hearing loud sea lions at Santa Cruz Pier; attending fantastic concerts at the Cabrillo Music Festival; sunrise, sunset, and daytime walks along a beautiful beach on Monterey Bay; exploring a wetland called Elkhorn Slough…oh, and some really good birthday cake and strawberries. True, this all happened in August, but it’s nice to remember it now that I’m about 8,000 miles away and reaching the end of an eventful calendar year. 😊 Here’s to holidays and special times with friends and family. (Just below, one of those sea otters. Further down…is it possible to enjoy – and photograph – a sunset too much?)

8 responses

1. Wow, that birthday cake sure looks nice, and so do the strawberries! Beautiful pictures!

December 20, 2019 at 04:54

2. Maria Hosmer-Briggs

Excellent! Couldn’t be better! “Deep on December/It’s nice to remember….”

Cheers! Maria

Sent from my t.d.s. phone. I apologize if I’ve missed de-correcting any of the ridiculous autocorrects.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019, 02:32 (so much world, so little time….) wrote:

> somuchworldsolittletime posted: “I know of no better way to celebrate > completing a cycle around the sun (aka one’s birthday) than to spend the > day(s) surrounded by friends, in places one likes, doing things one likes. > Some of my very best friends in the world let me do just exactly that ” >

December 20, 2019 at 15:31

3. Vivian ling

Beautiful, the commentary and the photos! Simple pleasures and sublime frindship!

December 21, 2019 at 07:20

4. Deb Cocco

Beautiful pics and that cake – wow! Hugs

December 21, 2019 at 08:43

5. Argh I missed your birthday. Hope it was happy.

December 23, 2019 at 08:58

6. Argh I missed your birthday. Hope it was happy—sure looks like it was!

December 23, 2019 at 09:00

7. Argh I missed your birthday. Hope it was happ—sure looks like it was!

December 23, 2019 at 09:01

8. Sam Craig

Wonderful photos, Paul! Great to see.

December 24, 2019 at 16:20